Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Veggie Pasta in the "Magic Pot"

When I read about this little thing called a "Deep Covered Baker" from Pampered Chef I knew I needed to have one. Stoneware...LOVE, faster cooking times...LOVE, Pampered Chef...LOVE, and versatility to cook dinner and dessert in 1 pan...LOVE. Right now it's in a beautiful deep cranberry, it looks pretty on your table (especially around the holidays)! Anything from Pampered Chef is considered an investment for my kitchen...since I'm in the kitchen all the time it's important for me to have quality products that are going to last (not the cheap purchase from the discount store that might make it 6 months). Erin was great...take a look at her page here: Pampered Chef with Erin

On pasta night (usually Wednesdays in our house) I pull out the Deep Covered Baker and a saute pan.
I'm picky about how my veggies are cooked or else I would just use the Deep Covered Baker for the entire dish.

1 Box Quinoa Pasta (we use Elbows...order thru Amazon)
1 Organic Red Pepper (chopped)
1 Organic Green Pepper (chopped)
1 Bunch Organic Broccoli
1/2 Sweet Onion (chopped)
1 Clove Garlic
1 Cup Shredded Cheese
1-2 Cups Trader Joe's Pasta Sauce
1 Tbs EVOO

Pour the box of Quinoa into the Deep Covered Baker (or boil in pot). If using DCB add water and put in microwave for 4 minutes. Take out and stir, this pasta will stick together more than regular pasta so mixing while cooking is important. Put in microwave for additional 5 minutes...if not al dente add another 2-5 minutes (depending on your microwave). Drain water and leave pasta in DCB.

While pasta is cooking...saute on medium high heat add EVOO and clove of garlic (using press or slicer). Stir garlic so it doesn't burn...add veggies. Saute for about 5 minutes...I like my veggies still crisp rather than floppy and soft.

Once veggies are done, to your liking, add into DCB (or regular pot). Add pasta sauce and cheese...mix and ENJOY!

I serve with a side salad usually...mixed greens, cucumber, tomato, walnuts/almonds, balsamic dressing.


Live, Laugh, Love, Happy & Healthy

~BakingMamma





No comments:

Post a Comment