Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Choc Chip Cookies

Although I hate to see the summer season go, especially since we live at the beach, I LOVE all things Fall. From the colors to the food. Some of my favorite days since becoming a mom have been all of us at home in our pj's all day, watching the boys play while I'm making a nice dinner for us to enjoy. 

I made these Pumpkin Choc Chip cookies yesterday afternoon, with Maddox as my amazing helper, and they are already gone! No sugar, all organic and oh so yummy!! I enjoyed a few with a small bowl of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream last night and was in heaven. For you cookie fans these are different than your standard cookie...they have a more cake-like texture. 

As always all ingredients I use are organic and whenever possible I try and substitute for sugar. 

photo.JPG

Pre-heat oven to 375

1 cup organic canned pumpkin                      1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp Stevia                                               1 cup organic applesauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil                                   1 tsp organic milk
1 egg                                                        1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups gluten free flour (I use Pamela's Mix)    2 cups mini organic choc chips
2 tsp baking powder                                    2 tsp ground cinnamon

In a medium sized bowl combine pumpkin, stevia, applesauce, oil and egg. 
In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. 
Dissolve the baking soda with milk and stir into pumpkin mixture. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Batter will look different than your standard cookie batter, the applesauce doesn't absorb like sugar does. 

Once mixed together add vanilla and choc chips. Adding too many choc chips will overpower the taste of the pumpkin...I prefer to use mini chips because you get smaller bites of chocolate so you can really taste the pumpkin!!

Place on greased cookie sheet, I use a cookie scoop so the cookies are about the same size and cook evenly. Place in pre-heated oven for 8-10 min. Cookies are best while cold...keep in fridge and snack as desired!! 

I'm also making them into mini muffins for the boys, they freeze well and can be a healthy breakfast for those on the go mornings!



No comments:

Post a Comment