Saturday, August 25, 2012

Peach & Strawberry Crisp

What says summer more than strawberries and peaches!!

Before this recipe I've never cooked with peaches before but Giada made me a believer! They compliment the strawberries so well and mixed with the oats it's a perfect summertime dessert. I personally enjoy a mix of both yellow and white peaches in my crisp.

I found this recipe on Food Network by Giada and made some changes so it would work for my family. Since mid-July I think I've made it more than 6 times....it's a HUGE hit with my boyfriend!!

Of course it's made with organic fruits and all gluten free products. There is something wonderful about organic fruits and veggies...they taste SO much better!!

Pre-heat oven to 350
I use 13x9 pan (original recipe calls for 8x8)


Filling:
1 large lemon (fresh squeezed)
2 1/2 tbsp arrowroot flour

1 1/2lb strawberries (cleaned and sliced)
8 large peaches (yellow or white) peeled, pitted and sliced
1/2 cup organic brown cugar

Topping:
1 1/2 cup Pamela's Mix
1 1/2 cup Trader Joe's gluten free Oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
                                                                               1 stick plus 4 tbsp unsalted organic butter

Pre-heat oven and butter (or spray) 13x9 pan

Filling: Mix fresh squeezed lemon juice and arrowroot flour until combined. Mix strawberries, peaches and brown sugar in a bowl and mix until combined....add lemon juice and arrowroot flour. Pour into pan

Topping: Combine flour, oats, almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add butter using either fork or pastry tool until combined...do not over mix as entire topping will form a ball. Sprinkle over fruit mixture and bake for 45 min.

Cool for 5-10 min and serve with Ice Cream (the only way we tried it)!!








1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this! I've been thinking about it since you mentioned it the other day :)...going to the store tomorrow for some supplies!

    ReplyDelete