Saturday, August 25, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Drops


There is nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter together. HEAVEN!

After a long day with the boys I can't think of anything I would enjoy more than a nice glass of Cabernet and a chocolate peanut butter snack. Since tonight was "one of those days" I had the craving and decided to bake after I put my little men to bed. Luckily they went down so I could really get into my baking!

Since finishing I've enjoyed 3 with my Smith & Hook Cabernet! It's astonishing how quickly the bottle of wine disappears. 


These are filled with chocolate and peanut butter...even down to adding extra on top before baking! 

Pre-heat oven to 350
Makes approximately 55 small muffin size cookies

1 1/2 cups Pamela's baking mix
7 tbsp organic dark cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

3/4 stick organic unsalted butter
3/4 cup peanut butter   (I use Trader Joe's valencia chunky)
1/2 cup organic sugar
1/2 cup organic brown sugar

1 large egg 
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp organic milk 

8oz organic peanut butter cups (Justin's dark chocolate cups) chopped 

Combine Pamela's baking mix, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a bowl, set aside.

In a separate bowl combine butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat for 1 min on med speed to combine. Add the egg, mix while adding milk and vanilla. Do not over beat. 

Once combined add dry ingredients, do not over beat. Mix will be drier than typical cookie mixes. Finally with a spatula mix in peanut butter cups (keep chocolate chips in freezer/fridge until ready to chop for best results). 

Add liners to a small muffin pan and spoon out so each is almost full. Bake in pre-heated 350 oven for 13 min. Once removed place on a rack to cool. I take liners off once cool. 

Store in fridge for 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment